Check out our updated website!

We’re here to make your user experience easier for you.

Our site has been updated to reflect how easy it is to use our site, including our transparent pricing page! You can also take a look at our Tax Tools section to locate our Tax Blog. We keep you updated on what’s happening with current tax changes by reading our blogs on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

Why choose RapidTax?

First, we know that filing your taxes can time consuming. Rather than going to visit a tax accountant who charges hourly for your tax return, finish your taxes online with us in just 10 minutes. We accommodate your tax situation from one income statement to complex returns with numerous expenses and multiple tax forms like Schedule C, Schedule K-1 forms, and more.

Here are the steps you need to take to start filing: Continue reading “Check out our updated website!”

Can I Still File 2008 Taxes Online?

We all know April 15th is the deadline for taxes, but few of us know what to do if you miss that deadline. Is there a way you can still pay your tax due? Are you forever hurt by this one mistake? What about if you didn’t just miss this year, but several other years as well. What then? Can you still file your 2008 taxes online? Or are you a hopeless case?

Here’s everything you always wondered about tax extensions, but were afraid to ask:

Can I still file a 2008 extension?

Well, no. You’re time is up on this one. You were only able to file an extension up until the April 15th deadline of that year in order to extend your file date to October 15th. This is something to keep in mind for your current year returns though.

Can I file back taxes at any time?

Okay, let’s go back to doing those 2008 taxes online: can you? Of course! The IRS is about getting your money, after all, so they want you to pay as long as you’re willing to. You can file past due taxes at any time. Of course, these come with some penalties…

What penalties am I responsible for?

Well, there are two penalty fees that may apply to you for not filing your 2008 taxes.

  1. failure-to-file penalty
  2. failure-to-pay penalty

To find out more about these fees and how to calculate the amount you owe, check out our other article!

Can I still claim my 2008 tax refund?

Refunds can be claimed up to three years after the filing deadline. As you may have guessed, that deadline has passed already. However, now is the time to think of any other prior year tax returns that you need to file that may fall into that three-year time frame. You’ll want to file them ASAP in order to claim that refund.

Why should I still file my 2008 tax return?

You always want to be as up to date on your tax filing as possible to avoid a situation where the IRS holds onto your current year refund due to the fact that you haven’t filed and paid your tax due for a prior year. It wouldn’t be a very happy surprise to find that you can’t collect your expected 2014 tax refund because you decided to skip filing for 2008.


So there you have it: all your major questions answered. And yes, you can still file 2008 taxes online (or 2007, 2006, 2005, etc). There’s no statute of limitations on taxes, only increasing fees. So stop worrying about filing and start doing it. Chances are, it’ll be the best choice you ever made.

2008 E-File and Tax Extension Deadline

October 15th marks the IRS tax deadline for E-filing tax returns. The trend for E-filing tax returns has swept the US due to the convenience of not having to file paperwork and receiving your tax refund faster. You will still be able to mail in your 2008 tax return after the October 15th E-File deadline, but your return will be considered late.

The tax extension deadline means that any individual taxpayer who has filed an extension for the tax year 2008 must have their returns completed and postmarked on its way to the IRS by 11:59PM on October 15, 2009 in order to avoid penalties. If you owe for the tax year 2008 and you miss this deadline, penalties will be added to the amount that you owe, and interest will continue to accrue. If you do not have the transcripts or documents needed from your employers or past years, it would be wise to Retrieve Missing Forms right away and get the ball rolling on your taxes before the tax extension deadline.

A deadline of October 15th means that the beginning of October will be filled with taxpayers attempting to have their returns completed and filed with the IRS before the tax extension deadline. It would be in your best interest to file as soon as possible so that you do not miss this deadline.

E-File my 2008 Return Now!