If you live in one state and work in another, you’ll need to file two tax returns
When it comes to filing state taxes, it can get confusing, especially if you spend time in multiple states. You may be wondering if you can even be a resident of two states or if you’ll need to file taxes to more than one state.
The RapidTax team is available to help you with tax questions you may have. In fact, you’ll be able to report your income from multiple states with RapidTax!
There’s a variety of reasons why you consider yourself a resident of more than one state.
For example, you could;
- have moved during the year
- work in a different state than you live in
- work in multiple states
- spend a large amount of time with family or spouse in a different state
- have multiple houses in various states
- spend summer in the north and winter in the south (lucky you) Continue reading “How To File State Taxes If You Have Dual State Residency”